THE JUICE
[enhancement:reach]
[retrival:journalling]
[obsolescence: op-ed]
[reversal:narcissism]
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
the blacks will be white and the whites will be black but the blues are still blue
Marshall McLuhan. I find him dizzying, but I'm really starting to understand it; I must say he's growing on me. That said, I must finish and understand his "Laws of Media: The New Science" book in time to write a paper on it for 3pm tomorrow.

So I just went to get a coffee. The Queen & Augusta Second Cup is warm, and probably the only open thing between my apt. and Spadina that's not a vegan joint or a bar.

Along the way:

I love having glasses. I can see so much more of everything. But it's kind of unsettling to see how many people look at me as I go. Maybe it's 'cause I'm looking at them. I don't know

I want laser eye surgery.

There are lesbians making out in the window of the Tequila Bookworm (vegan joint).

The dude that sells all the crap on the sidewalk in front of his "gallery" (not a vegan joint or a bar) is still open at 1045 on a cold Tuesday night.

Imagine one of those stupid patterned polar fleece court-jester hats breeding with a Native American headdress. There is a dude smoking and wearing the offspring of that unholy union in front of Epicure.

Back at the ranch, some business:

Today it was bright and sunny, I was wearing an awesome gift from a special person and the new Belle and Sebastian album came out. If you do not love it, you do also do not love the following: life, hooks, rhymes, joy, feeling the silky air across your body, and the first line of the Tragically Hip's "Something On"*. Therefore, today's reccomendation, a reccomendation which supercedes all preceeding reccomendations (excepting Balls):

Belle & Sebastian - "The Life Pursuit"

On a heavier note:
Something died under my care today. I feel really fucking horrible about it, because it was a friend of mine in a special way, and it meant something to someone close to me in a special way. Details to follow shortly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* "Your imagination's having puppies..."