THE JUICE
[enhancement:reach]
[retrival:journalling]
[obsolescence: op-ed]
[reversal:narcissism]
Monday, April 03, 2006
history of social theory / without contending with myths wrongly interpreted
Have you forgotten that you exist?







Chances are, you have. You're like me -- comfortably numb.


But underneath the wheels lie the skulls of every cog.






I'm going to read Jean-Paul Sartre's "Nausea" again, to scare myself.









My dreams have felt so authentic of late, but my memories are blurred around the edges - within, the colours all bleed together.







If I could, I would make you a raging river, with angry rapids, supplied with rain.
So you could always meander, and forever be able to run away.



8 Comments:
Blogger june_yah said...
Whats the dog's name?

Thats what I want to know.

Blogger Jess said...
You seem to be channeling Douglas Coupland at points. Or at least with the moose. (Is that picture actually from one of his books?)
That is my shallow commentary.

Blogger passthejuice said...
Jess, I'll take that as shallow flattery. And no, the mosse isn't from one of his books. You're probably thinking Souvenir of Canada, and you're not far off. I <3 Douglas Coupland 4Life. Anyone want to come to his reading with me? May 23rd @ Walter Hall, UofT. Tickets are $5 at Pages on Queen St. I'm going. I'm bringing Cherry Blasters and Fresca.

Blogger passthejuice said...
also, the dog's name is "Boo". I didn't name it. I would have named it "Dinosaur Killer".

Blogger june_yah said...
Boo, as in Boo Radly? Gah I hated to Kill A Mockingbird.

I'd love to go. Ive got girlfriend in a coma in my posession right now. reminds me alot of hey nostradamus. What day is the 23rd? and when I get a job I'll book it off.

Title for the post... I wish he was named "Dinosaur Killer".

Oh I think both you and Jess could write Coupland-ess novels and be successful at it. I really enjoy it. But I do need to read more Vonnegut and Palahniuk after girlfriend. Oh is the movie version of fight club better thant he book? I've heard that it is...

Blogger Jess said...
Douglas Coupland? Reading? My heart may burst with excitement. Writing in on the calendar....now...
Swoon!
(Can you pick me up a ticket Mark?)

Blogger passthejuice said...
ahhhh! dude GFiaC was the Coupland that got me hooked! Just read Life After God, his collection of short stories, and you'll be a devotee for life!

Jess I'll get you a ticket if I'm there in time!

Blogger june_yah said...
oh dude I got hooked after microserfs and Gen X.

I still havent gotten a job to book time off work yet. I dont know if this is going to work out for me. But five bucks... hmm... I'll find a solution.